Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Going to MARYLAND SHEEP and WOOL FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it myself! I've been floating on a cloud since I found out!!  Jolene, from the wonderful Cloverhill Yarn Shop in Cantonsville, MD asked me yesterday if I would like to be one of the Independent Artists that her booth showcases at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
This is THE biggest sheep and wool festival in the country! I'm so excited that I have a chance to get a feel what it's like to work in a booth before I have to manage my own. Maryland is SAFF on steroids.. and so getting an idea of what I'm in for before I get my own booth is going to be a huge asset! By being featured in the CloverHill booth I'll get my foot into the door of the festival.. which is known for being one of the most difficult to acquire a booth!
I'm also excited to get to be a 'shopper' in a wool market this large!! I'm really hoping to score some yummy spring fleeces, while meeting people and just general fiber mahyem!  I did promise Lexi that I would help her out in her educational booth for a couple hours one day..  so I'm looking forward to quite a weekend!!
My husband also just reminded me that Columbia MD (where my hotel is) is where Merriweather Post Pavillion is- where we saw Phish on our second wedding anniversary.  We also ate that day at the MOST AMAZING restaurant- Clyde's in Columbia  So not only do I get to go to Sheep and Wool, I get to eat the BEST CRABCAKES in the same weekend!!
Happy Happy me!!

There also may be a 'pre festival fiber party" in the way of a couple workshops the Friday before the festival!! The word on the street is the Funky Nuno Felting workshop paired with the WildCarding...  I'll post more info as details solidify!!

YAY Maryland is going to get JAZZY this year!!

No comments: