Thursday, March 20, 2008

April Showers and May Flowers.. Store Update before I go!!

So last night I was able to spin up my Feb Zen String fiber club installment. It was the softest and fluffiest merino I have ever laid my hands on!! I was inspired by Carissa's(Treadle to the Metal) Flower yarn, so I pulled out my flowers from my scrapbook stash and found I had the perfect flowers for the fiber. I gathered all my supplies (including some gold angelina for some sparkle and gold metallic thread for plying) and sat down and watched Ghost Hunters while I spun this amazing yarn!!



I used 3 oz for the May flowers, and then I took the last 2 oz and spun a really lofty and squooshy, soft spun/ low twist single. They will look fantastic worked into a project together! I'm really starting to love spinning low twist yarns.. they are so lofty!!


I have listed them on etsy.. though it's going to be hard to say goodbye..



I also finished up a couple of fun coil necklaces that I made from a batt by the fantastic Ms. Lexi Boeger of PluckyFluff. I will try to get them listed today as well...

They are really fun.. I even made one for myself!!

OK.. I really have to go pack so we can be off to our first wedding shower weekend.. Yay Presents!! LOL!!

No comments: